A few years ago, I was sporting a fairly fancy L.L. Bean windbreaker. My friend asked me how I could afford ‘stuff like that’, knowing that our income was – well, knowing what our income was. I admitted that I’d found it at Goodwill. She said I was a “Secondhand snob”. I want the good life, but I don’t want to pay for it.
I’ll own that.
I have compiled a list for you, should you also “want the life’ without paying for it. Here are some substitutes that are so good; you’ll never miss the original.
- Aldi Hazelnut Spread for Nutella.
- McDonald’s Mocha Frappé for Starbucks Frappucino*
- Happy’s Square Pizza for Jet’s
- Meijer Organics for – do I dare say it?? TRADER JOE’S. Oh yes I did.
- Douglas J Aveda Institute for somewhere crazy expensive.
- Grand Rapids Griffins games for Redwings games (I may take a little flack for that one…)
- This recipe for – rhymes with Wastefully Dimple Nana’s Apple Cake.
- Vacation Bible School for camp I have to pay for
- Pericoro Romano for Parmesean
- Lake Michigan/Saugatuck’s Oval Beach for the cold, salty ocean with creatures that want to sting and/or bite me.
*Possible parallel move.
Do you need more Top Ten Tuesday? See what’s going on with OhAmanda.