When I started Big Binder, it was an outgrowth of an email list that just got too big. I would send ideas for things to do with young kids in Grand Rapids, which I kept filed neatly in a big binder. Someone told me I should “start a website, or something” to make it easier on myself. My friend Jill started a blog called The Diaper Diaries, so when I found out that blogs are free, easy to maintain, and required no massive e-mail lists, Big Binder was born.
My kids were 1 and 3 at the time. My good friend 3inunder3 had moved away and I was pretty broken up about it. My blog was a great way to feel connected, to express my love for Grand Rapids, and to share my ideas about raising kids who are active participants in their community.
And now; Maybelle and A.P. are now almost 5 and 7. My schedule is different because they are in school, and I work for part of the year. I could fastidiously clean my house, but my husband has about 20 ‘construction’ projects going on (and on, and on) and I don’t see the point in dusting the baseboards in a room where half of the woodwork is scraped down, and wall has had primer on in since August. Lipstick on a pig, I tell you.
So what am I going to do about it?
I AM GOING TO PARTY!
I want to meet other bloggers and grow my online communty. I want to get and share ideas about raising culturally and civic minded kids who, for the most part, eat some healthy food and of course, pass those along to my readers. You know what else I want to pass along? The chance to win about a bajillion prizes at this party.
These are the ones I have my eye on, and I would be equally happy to win any of them:
- 39 -Be My Guest certificate ($250 value) for one lucky winner, (2 night stay for a family of four) at any Hilton Garden Inn. Provided by: Hilton Garden Inn Follow here: bloggin2noggin
Because I don’t know what a Hilton Garden Inn is, but I am pretty sure we would have a lot of fun finding out.
- 40- One winner will receive a 3 day 2 night stay from Holiday Inn Main Gate East in Kissimmee, FL (less than 2 miles from Disney World) a value of $250. Provided by: Holiday Inn Main Gate Follow here: bloggin2noggin
Because this might actually be the thing that makes Disney possible for us.
- 65 – Three winners will win a copy of “Fantastic Mr. Fox” on dvd. Provided by: Stacey Says. Follow here: Stacey_Says.
Because Stacey is a fellow Grand Rapids Blogger, and my kids would dig this!
- 75 – $100 Gift Certificate to SummitCampingGear.com. Provided by: StomperMom. Follow here: stompermom or Visit Our Fan Page: Stompermom
Because my family actually camps really, really well together – and we need a new tent. We’re much happier when we’re dry.
- 84 – One $25 Gift Certificate to Shutterfly.com. Provided by: Scraps of My Geek Life. Follow here: scrappinmichele or Visit Our Fan Page: Scraps of My Geek Life
Because my children’s lives are documented soley on SanDisk at this point.
- USC 16 – $50 gift certificate to eSpecially Simple Graphic Design & Consulting to be used toward a wide selection graphic design and consulting services. Great for giving your blog a whole new look or helping you take that next bold step with your ministry or business! Provided by: eSpecially Simple: Graphic Design & Consulting Follow here: extragrace
- INTL 1 – Custom Background for Your Twitter Profile – $45 value, three winners will be chosen. We’ll make your Twitter profile match your blog or business site! Provided by: Techno Mom Designs. Follow here: Erica Mueller or Visit Our Fan Page: Erica Mueller.
- INTL 2 – Win a custom WordPress blog by Uniquehorn Designs. Included: A Unique WordPress theme designed just for you, one year free hosting (100mb space/ 1gb bandwidth), wordpress installation, theme installation, 1 hour free maintenance for the year (includes upgrades, plugin installation, etc). (Over a $450 Value). Provided by: Uniquehorn Designs.Follow here: unicornbeauty or Visit Our Fan Page: Uniquehorn Designs.
Because I don’t know how to do any of these things myself, and Big Binder is in need of a makeover.
- USC 18 – Three winners will one of these books, Fearless by Max Lucado, Rachel’s Tears by Beth Nimmo and Darrell Scott, The Animal Boogie (kids book) by Debra Harter and Fred Penner. Provided by: The Bookworm Blog.
Because I LOVE Max Lucado, and the other books look great too.
- USC 60 – For one winner a $200 gift certificate for any Wall Slicks vinyl wall decal of your choice. DIY decorating made easy with Wall Slicks wall stickers. Provided by: Modern Wall Graphics, the makers of Wall Slicks. Follow here: WallSlicks or Visit Our Fan Page: Wall Slicks.
In case my husband never finishes painting, I will just cover the walls with these instead. Just kidding; I want to use them in my kids’ rooms.
You can enter too! Just go to 5 Minutes For Mom and take a look at exactly what a bazillion prizes looks like, then follow the directions to enter. Good luck, and thanks for reading!