It’s true. I’ve been really lucky in the past couple of months. My smallest prize was a rather strange children’s book about the environment, and my biggest was a $500 mountain bike. The book was from some blog, and the bike was from a local bike association. In between, I’ve won gift certificates to a few restaurants, a Target gift card, and a month of classes at Gymco. Being the generous person that I am, I will share my ‘sources’.
- First, the blog contests are from Prizey. I just check it out once in a while and enter if a contest looks interesting to me. You could spend all day there – but don’t.
- I also won a restaurant gift certificate from Revue, which is a great resource for GR ‘haps not geared toward the younger members of our fair city.
- And although it’s been a while since I’ve checked the contests there, I have previously won a few goodies from GR Now.
- Most recently I have won from Moms Like Me, which is a local forum but they also have sites in other cities my friends up and move to such as Dallas and St. Louis – but sadly, nothing for my friend in Quincy.
- I signed up for Swagbucks and promptly forgot about it. Something triggered my memory and I went back to check it out – and so far have won 49 Swagbucks which is about enough for a small gift card. It’s just a search engine, and you use it instead of Google or whatever. Easy to win but hard to remember.
- I would not recommend this route to winning, although it is my biggest prize. As you know, my husband is very involved in biking. We have 9 bikes in our garage. Five are his. Some guys golf; my guy bikes. I signed him up and paid for a membership in a local biking organization (again with my extreme generosity), and was entered into a contest to win guess what – a bike. I WON! Therefore, the bike is mine and not his. Would anyone like to buy a bike?
- In addition to feeling nice and involved, my attendance in the Great Start Parent Coalition has netted me not only free dinner and babysitting while I am at the meeting, they have on-time drawings most months. I won a Target gift card! Next month is an orientation meeting and is a perfect time to jump in. The meeting will be September 20 from 6:00 – 8:30. I am trying to bring the most new members. If you are from Kent County (anywhere in the county – not just Grand Rapids) and are interested in advocating for young children, I’d love for you to attend. You’ll hear more about this as the time comes closer.