Hey y’all. It seems like ages. It’s really only been a week, but a whole lot has happened. Here is a little summary:
- Went on a library field trip with A.P.’s class. He rolled around on the floor and was a freak. Awesome.
- Became a mini-van mom. Oh yes I did.
- Went on a bug-gathering-in-the-park field trip with A.P.’s class, because there is nothing like 20 five-year olds with nets.
- Saw Professor Ants-n-Pants presentation in A.P.’s class. His real name is Pete Stobie. I think he is the best, funniest, most talented naturalist in the world.
- Was called a Pete Stobie groupie. I owned that.
- Found out another mom in A.P.’s class is a blogger. Love this. ‘sup Chris.
- Got to see my cute little God daughter who was in town, and had a lovely time at Meijer Gardens.
- Went out later with aforementioned God daughter’s mom and ‘the girls’. We were accompanied by one of the girls’ younger brother, who has transitioned nicely from peskiness to designated driver.
- Had an eye appointment and came home with some suh-weet new glasses.
- Took my husband and his bike to Cedar Springs at some ridiculously early hour so he could ride with a bunch of other mild to moderately insane men to the Mackinac Bridge.
- Spent the day with very crabby children after waking them up too early (see above).
That was all before 7:00 AM on Friday. From there, the weekend was dedicated to Maybelle’s recital. OHHHHH cuteness!! She danced beautifully; saving her stage fright for after the performance and wouldn’t talk to anyone. Even Grandpa. My sister spent the night that night, and washed all of my (many) dishes. That’s a good sister right there, man.
My husband made it to the bridge, and I have a 5 day reprieve until he leaves for the MS ride in Holland this weekend. In the meantime, I am trying to understand why I thought once summer got here, things would settle down. Ha!
I also updated the calendar, and my friend Jill was extremely polite in thanking me but also tactfully (Jill is nothing if not tactful) pointing out that my calendar is no longer visible. Oops. I moved things around on my sidebar and I think the situation is under control. On the sidebar (over to the right), it says “Pages”. Underneath, click on Calendar. There it is. Right? If not – please tell me.
We spent the day roaming around and signing up for multiple summer reading programs. So many of you awesome readers have sent me information about other programs and I have stumbled on a few myself, so I will be putting together a whole page for your convenience. But for now, I think I will go to bed. I have a whole big day of trying to relax ahead of me tomorrow.