I’ve learned early on in my marriage that subtle hints do not work on my husband. This is why I left the Douglas J. Aveda Salon Services brochure next to his wallet with the words “MOTHER’S DAY HINTS” written on it with a Sharpie. I was even kind enough to circle a few things, one of which he thought was some painful waxing procedure. Gross.
Here are some less disgusting things you can do to celebrate mother’s day:
- Crafts at Michael’s
- This is one to do with your kids, it’s from Family Time on Proverbs 31.
- The Lowe’s Build and Grow workshop project this month (May 8th) is a planter.
- On Sunday May 9th, TCBY is giving away a free cup or cone for mom.
- The national Mom’s Night Out event that I blogged about here has some local listings now.
- You can watch Dr. Laura live(on the big screen) at Celebration Cinema North on May 5th.