Amy at Gift of Green has tagged me for a “Quirks” meme. More specifically, unspectacular quirks. At first, I couldn’t think of any. Then the first one came to me and I quickly realized that there is a fine line between having a few unspectacular quirks, and being a complete freak. Let’s see which side you think I am on after reading this meme.
- My husband and I are related. I mean, duh, we’re married, but we’re also, um… related. Of course we didn’t know this until I became obsessed with finding my lineage that connected me with Maybelle Carter. I did a lot of genealogical research, and once I bumped into my husband’s great, great, great grandmother, I stopped. Ew!
- I can’t keep keys in my possession. They just up and fly away from me. The only way – and this is not an exaggeration – that I know where they are in my house is by hanging them on my moose key-holder. Otherwise, it’s hopeless.
- Despite being an anthropology major with a deep love of writing papers for literature classes (I’m not joking), my favorite undergrad class was Symbolic Logic. I aced it. More than aced it, I got the highest score. Ever. It’s true. It’s difficult to express how much of a surprise this was for me, and it was even more difficult to learn that there are no real opportunities to utilize Symbolic Logic outside of SL classes.
- I secretly like doing laundry.
- It drives me crazy to go to bed with dirty feet.
- My last quirk (that I’m going to tell you about) is a very recent one. My husband is the least calendar oriented, most planning averse person I know. This drives me insane, and in turn, I drive him insane. I recently bought a chalkboard for the kitchen, and I put our weekly plans on it. And – this is the best part – I write what we are having for dinner on the bottom.
Well, that ought to do it. Time for someone else to share some unspectacular quirks; I hereby tag 3 In Under3, Bowling Alley Brunch, The Diaper Diaries, eastowners (either of you!), and Look, Mom, Look (that last one ought to be good!) 🙂