I’m still monkeying around with my ‘whole’ menu plan. I think it’s easier to have a list of possible breakfasts, lunches, and snacks, and then plan the actual dinner because it usually has to be defrosted or tossed in the crock pot or something. We’re still stuck in fruits and veggies on the Food Pyramid- I will not rest until we have our 5 a day!
Here’s what we have in the lineup this week:
Breakfasts (all served with some type of fruit):
- Steel cut oats – my sister took me to a store in Lansing that sells these for $0.69 a pound!! I jumped up and down in the store. I’m going to try soaking them the night before, because the soaked oatmeal was wonderful last week.
- English Muffins with Cream Cheese
Lunches (served with a fruit or veggie):
- Mac & Cheese
- Skinny Dip – salsa mixed with cottage cheese, then dipped in tortilla chips.
- Egg salad sandwiches
- Lunchmeat sandwiches
- Celery and carrots with dip
- Yogurt (vanilla, with a little strawberry jam mixed in)
- Apples with peanut butter
- Pumpkin Bread – Recipe from Southern Living.
MONDAY – is over 🙂
Chicken Coleslaw Wraps (with a few modifications. Mainly, skip the pineapple).
Mixed greens salad.
Baked Potato with bacon, cheese, sour cream, and fresh chives. We have a ton of them growing in our front yard!
Chicken Noodle Soup (Already made this and is in the freezer)
Fresh bread or rolls
Stromboli (same recipe I made before)
For more menu ideas, head over to I’m An Organizing Junkie!