Oh I had big plans last week, didn’t I? Yes I had the menus, I had the ingredients.. what I didn’t have was a husband who was awake to eat dinner. He worked 3am to 3pm ALL WEEK. By the time dinner time rolled around, he was heading for bed and although my children are relatively good eaters (usually) I knew that we would have too many leftovers if I cooked a real meal every night.
I decided to make the lasagne I had frozen previously. It was huge, and had a lot of cheese and meat so a little went a long way. Three days, in fact – about the lenght time it is questionable to continue serving it. So Monday we had restaurant leftovers (spaghetti; at least I kept on track with that) and that lasagne until Thursday. I also made hummus, tabouleh, onion rings, and banana bread throughout the week. Friday I made baked chicken with BBQ sauce – horribly creative, I know, and Italian Beans. After work yesterday (yes, he worked Saturday too) he took the kids to the park in a bike trailer. Being the lazy bones that I am, I met them at JB’s Pizza when they were done.
So onto this week… it’s going to look a lot like last week. Mr. Binder works the same hours, so I am only going to cook every other day. Nothing new; since I already have everything I need (except for a little produce) I won’t re-post those recipes; but I will post the ones from the other things I made last week.
- The hummus recipe was from the Hummus Blog. I am still working on perfecting it; although my last batch was pretty good. The guy that owns the Middle Eastern Market down the street is so nice and I love going in there to get my supplies.
- I kind of make tabouleh however I feel like that day; but here is a good basic recipe.
- I have an old Betty Crocker cookbook, but the recipe online for the banana bread is the same.
- Here is the Italian Bean Bake recipe.
- And the Onion Ring recipe.
For more organized and coherent menu planning, head over to Menu Plan Monday at Laura’s Blog.