Another meme! This one is called “Crazy Eights”. I was tagged by The Diaper Diaries a few days ago. I am literally sweating as I prepare to write this post because talking about myself too much makes me nervous. Oh well, I’ve been tagged so I am going to jump in with both feet…
8 things I’m Passionate About:
- My husband
- My kids
- Living in Grand Rapids
- Kaizen (continuous improvement)
8 things I say Often
- Can you try that again, more politely?
- Sorry I missed your call.
- What are your specials today?
- It doesn’t matter what is for dinner, the question was “are you hungry?”.
- Could you be quiet while Mommy is on the phone?
- Could you PLEASE be quiet while Mommy is on the phone?
- BE QUIET WHILE MOMMY IS ON THE PHONE.
- I’ll call you back.
8 books I’ve recently read:
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- Buy, Buy Baby by Susan Gregory Thomas
- The Way the Crow Flies by Ann-Marie MacDonald
- The Curious Incident of the Dog In The Nighttime – Mark Haddon
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvick
- Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire
8 Songs I could listen to over & over
- Proud Mary – the Ike & Tina version
- Coconut – Widespread Panic
- September – Earth Wind & Fire
- Second Hand News – Fleetwood Mac
- Alex Chilton – The Replacements
- Ready to Run – The Dixie Chicks
- Will The Circle Be Unbroken – The Carter Family
- You Sexy Thing – Hot Chocolate
8 things that attract me to my best friends
- Conservative or liberal; I don’t care. Just don’t be closed minded.
- The ability, desire, and courage to tell the truth.
8 things I’ve learned this past year:
- If someone is falling, you have to let them fall. Otherwise, they will a) squish you and b) get angry with you for not being soft enough to land on. Just get out of the way, and you will still be standing so you can give them a hand when they are ready to get up.
- That yes, I can lose the baby weight.
- That no, I will never look like I did before kids regardless of what I weigh.
- Having a friend move away is harder than it seems like it would be.
- I have a burning desire to tell the rest of Grand Rapids what a great place we live in (perhaps I am trying to prevent others from moving!)
- How important social justice is in my religion, and how I can practice it in my daily life.
- These years with young children will not last forever, and the kids they are friends with now will be soon forgotten when they start school so I had better make sure my own friendships with their parents are solid.
- That when I am tagged with a meme, I had better do it quickly!
8 people I think should do Crazy Eights (if they haven’t already!)