Scribbit, a blog about motherhood – in Alaska – is hosting the “Winter Bazaar” on Wednesdays. It started last week, but I am jumping in today. This month’s theme is Halloween.
I particularly appreciate this; as I am just not a Halloween person. I have no idea why. My parents made elaborate costumes for us – including a homemade penguin costume complete with a paper maîche head and entire body ‘suit’ with a zipper up the front. Amazing.
I am getting some ideas from other bloggers about ways I can be more festive this Halloween season. For now, I offer a recipe I got from the Public Museum of Grand Rapids during the “Grossology” exhibit. It’s called “Worms In The Mud“.
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Gummy worms
- Chocolate graham crackers
- Follow directions on the box of pudding mix. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Put it in the refrigerator to set.
- When pudding is set, crumble up some graham crackers and mix them into the pudding.
- Next, stir in some gummy worms, making sure they are covered in pudding.
- Divide pudding into four dishes, crumble some more graham crackers and lay a couple of worms on the top of each portion.
For more ideas, head over to Scribbit.