This is supposed to be Sanctuary Sunday – a suggestion for something you can do without your kids, right? So what am I doing, talking about joining parenting groups? Aren’t those for kids? (I can hear everyone in a parent’s group laughing right now).
Yes, that’s what I thought too. I joined to get into a playgroup, so my kid could make friends. What ended up happening? Our calendar filled up with activities. My kids made friends. And, so did I!
Most parents groups have a “Night Out” about once a month. This is where you ditch your kids and spouse (don’t worry; they get to hog you all to themselves on date night) to hang out with a bunch of other people you see all the time…sans offspring. It’s blissful.
There are a ton in this area, so this is not a complete list but here are some good starting points:
MOPS – Several locations in Grand Rapids:
- First Evangelical Covenant
- Madison Square CRC
- Seymour Christian Reformed Church
- Calvary Church
- Calvin Christian Reformed Church
- First Reformed Church
- Grace Bible Fellowship
- Holy Cross Lutheran Church
- Calvary Christian Reformed Church
- Kellogsville Christian Reformed
- Sunshine Church
- Bella Vista Church
- Rockford Springs Community Church
- West Cannon Baptist Church
- Frontline Community Church
- St. Joseph’s
Is your group missing? Let me know! Leave a comment below, or send an email to Big Binder Blog at gmail dot com.